Nocturnal wrasse...

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
One of my flasher wrasse a P. flavianus has gone nocturnal on me. It used to be a female/submale flasher and recently became a male. The resident male obviously wasn't too happy about it and they've been squabbling.

Apparently, the newly transgendered flasher decided to just reverse its sleep schedule to avoid aggression and to pwn the tank at night... I thought I had lost the fish which saddened me as its been in the tank for 2 years. So I was delighted and confuzzled to find it swimming around the tank looking for pods in nearly complete darkness.

I wouldn't have even noticed him had I not been target feeding my LPS at the time. He came on in and snatched a few morsels right out of some acan tentacles... So now I have to fend off shrimp and a crazy nightowl fish to feed the LPS... joy.

This is the first time I've ever seen this kind of behavior but I'm wondering if it happens all the time to other tanks as well where there's some natural aggression?

Thanks charlie, could be a flasher thing. It was certainly a pleasant surprise. Of course, I don't mind having a fellow night owl in the house...

Back