Non-Network access to Camera on Fusion

franciscosalazar

Market
Reaction score
I just got an Apex Jr. without the Display Unit from Optimum Aquarium so they hooked me up with Fusion and I can't thank them enough.

I got a D-Link DCS-930L, hooked it up and can view the tank through Fusion while on my home network.

Has anyone figured out how to view their tank through Fusion from a mobile data network or internet network away from home?

barry_keith;988134 wrote: there's an app from dlnk available

Thanks for the heads up.
I got the dlink app.
Do you know anyone that can view their tank through Fusion while away from home?

That's what Fusion is about, not needing your home network. You should automatically be capable to view from anywhere. There's a section on it on the users forum you might want to look at. If you still have questions the Apex forum is the the quickest best source to use for answers.

Camellia;988143 wrote: That's what Fusion is about, not needing your home network. You should automatically be capable to view from anywhere. There's a section on it on the users forum you might want to look at. If you still have questions the Apex forum is the the quickest best source to use for answers.

Are you able to successfully view your tank through Fusion while away from home?

Sure, favorite feeds.....

Live Video and Favorite Photos integration

Many experts in marine aquarium husbandry will tell you that the best way to know how your tank is doing is to just look at it. Also, why put all this time and effort into building an awesome looking tank and not be able to see it when you are away or show it to friends?

So, we decided to integrate . Now you can be sitting on a beach in Bali, open up Apex Fusion and not only see the parameters of your tank, but a live feed of it as well. Some even like to put . And, sometimes when you are away from your aquarium you just miss looking at that favorite fish or coral so you can also add those into the dashboard as well.

This may help you
http://www.amazon.com/review/RWJ92SI9KZD4K/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#RWJ92SI9KZD4K">Amazon.com: Edward Barnett's review of D-Link Wireless Day/Night Network Surveill...@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31qT-voVjZL.@@AMEPARAM@@31qT-voVjZL</a>
This is set up without D links monitoring which I would do, if I had this product.
Its $32 on Amazon and a guy has had it outside for a year working perfect in atlanta elements!

This may help you
http://www.amazon.com/review/RWJ92SI9KZD4K/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#RWJ92SI9KZD4K">Amazon.com: Edward Barnett's review of D-Link Wireless Day/Night Network Surveill...@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31qT-voVjZL.@@AMEPARAM@@31qT-voVjZL</a>
This is set up without D links monitoring which I would do, if I had this product.
Its $32 on Amazon and a guy has had it outside for a year working perfect in atlanta elements!

You will probably need to port forward the the camera in your router/modem. That's usually the problem if it works on the local network only.

fierogtdude;988170 wrote: You will probably need to port forward the the camera in your router/modem. That's usually the problem if it works on the local network only.

I'm on the phone with AT&T as i have Uverse but they want to charge me $50 to allow me to use port forwarding, is this what i need to do?

franciscosalazar;988261 wrote: I'm on the phone with AT&T as i have Uverse but they want to charge me $50 to allow me to use port forwarding, is this what i need to do?

Wow they are idiots. No port forwarding doesn't cost money. You should be able to find a YouTube video on how to port forward on a Uverse modem. Are you running another router or just the Uverse provided one?

fierogtdude;988262 wrote: Wow they are idiots. No port forwarding doesn't cost money. You should be able to find a YouTube video on how to port forward on a Uverse modem. Are you running another router or just the Uverse provided one?

Just the uverse one, I'll check out youtube

I'll try to help you some more this evening. I'm swamped right now. You need to know what port or ports the ip camera is using. Should be in the manual.

fierogtdude;988268 wrote: I'll try to help you some more this evening. I'm swamped right now. You need to know what port or ports the ip camera is using. Should be in the manual.

Ok

Looking at the videos it looks like AT&T has made port forwarding very complicated on there modem. I can probably do it for you remotely tomorrow if you'd like. It would be hard to explain.

fierogtdude;988323 wrote: Looking at the videos it looks like AT&T has made port forwarding very complicated on there modem. I can probably do it for you remotely tomorrow if you'd like. It would be hard to explain.
Sounds good

Back