Not drilled to drilled

sagent3000

Market
Reaction score
i have an extra 10gal tank that i am not using, i am going to try to drill it just for practice. is it as easy as i think? i am going to lowes or HD to find a glass drill bit and put it up on two bricks and drill. is that pretty much it?

no you have to order the bits ebay and they get sent form china or something thats for the cheap bits

I used a dremel tile cutting tool to drill my tank, but the hole look like crap and it killed my dremel. Of course this was on a 58 gallon tank.

Victor626nj;124802 wrote: no you have to order the bits ebay and they get sent form china or something thats for the cheap bits

what kind of bit is it? what is the name of it?

You can use a diamond / glass cutting bit for the dremel, but it's tough work, even for thin glass like used in the 10g. I'd highly recommend using a glass bit like the ones you can get cheap on ebay.

Also - keep in mind that a 10g tank is harder (in my opinion) than a bigger tank because the glass is so thin....

You also have to keep water on the bit--it works kinda like a tile saw (keeps glass wet)

read everything on this link, and also read the links in this link?????

oops here it is

showthread.php

If you use standard hole cutting bits, a 10G is the hardest tank to drill since the glass is so thin. The thicker the glass, the easier it is to drill IMO

Sorry to interupt, but if there is no name on a 100 gallon tank do you think it is tempered anywhere?

mkinna1;125569 wrote: Sorry to interupt, but if there is no name on a 100 gallon tank do you think it is tempered anywhere?

prob only tempered on the bottom.

Back