Not having a good day

steve

Market
Reaction score
Okay so it starts with me waking up at 6:30 to go vote, after finally going to sleep around 2... I get back from voting around 8:45 and fall asleep on the couch everything is cool with the tank...

I wake up at 12:08, probably from the halide bulb being in direct sight of the couch where I'm sleeping and I have a headache. I look at the tank and see the Two Spot Hogfish lying on the bottom with his tail in the mouth of an acan. So I'm like great he's getting eaten... I pull him off and everything looks good. I then realize the powerheads are off (snails swam into the koralia and into the intake on the maxijet. I can't use the return on the tank because the tank would start leaking bit by bit. He then swims behind the rock right to where my brittle star is. Not good news there. I rip the rock out and was tempted to bust the rock open and just toss the brittle star either in the back yard or in the sump... I was just a little mad that he was trying to eat my favorite fish.

So I get the hogfish out of the stars cave and set him in the front of the tank. I observe him and he's really breathing hard, I pick him up and hold him in front of the powerhead to get some water running over his gills and he actuall swam around a little bit. Tried to feed, he didn't eat, he ditched into the rocks and I just found him poking his head out, still breathing hard...

Crossing my fingers at this point cause I can't get to him...

No he was swimming great and eating like a hog. (pun intended) I am almost 99.9% sure that it is oxygen deprevation from both powerheads being off...

Just working on plumbing the frag tank in now...

Just checked on him, and instead of laying on his side in the rocks he's hovering around, just seems like a good sign...

Type of coral. And I think all of them are from Australia.

DSC03408.jpg
alt="" />

He's bounced back, eating good and out swimming, had me worried for a bit.

Wow, sucks man!

Acans are a type of LPS. They come from all over; the high $$ ones are from Australia. The ceapies are usually from Indonesia.

I posted a pic of one of my acans above.

Definitely my favorite fish there. first saw him when Jin had one for sale and then we got two in at Marine Fish and once he was eating I took him home!

We got 2 more in on Monday, but Derek already bought one so there is one left and he is big!

They are cool fish. I'm glad yours made it.

The bright side of your day is that it could been a lot worse... Good thing you were on top of it.

It would've definitely sucked if he wouldn't have made it, he has so much personality, just cruising in and out of the rocks looking for pods. He's very interesting to watch and I can't wait to see him in the big tank.

Back