Not sure if this is safe?!

ace1204

Market
Reaction score
I turned the koralia off, but how did he get up there lol?!?!? He definately couldnt even come close to reaching it. Maybe he hitched a ride? lol
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
184492=11201-crab.jpg
>
184492=11201-crab.jpg
class="gc-images" title="crab.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
184492=11200-crab2.jpg
>
184492=11200-crab2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="crab2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
184492=11199-crab3.jpg
>
184492=11199-crab3.jpg
class="gc-images" title="crab3.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

That's a porcelain crab, right? How do you get yours to come out in the open like that? I have one that hides all the time -- all I usually see is his "baskets" swooshing while the rest of him hides...

Cute! I need to get another one of those guys.. We had one 4 years ago that was solid white. (Casper) Been trying to find a solid white once since, but havent' been able to.

How do you get yours to come out in the open like that?

Depends on what kind you have. The Purple and green ones are pretty secretive. I've heard that they are more comfortable in groups, but I've never tried myself. The white ones are anemone crabs and prefer a symbiotic relationship with a host. I've found that rock anemones work great. They tend to annoy bubble tips too much, in my experience. But if you have an anemone without anything hostin in it, they will seek it out.

Soarin';184499 wrote: That's a porcelain crab, right? How do you get yours to come out in the open like that? I have one that hides all the time -- all I usually see is his "baskets" swooshing while the rest of him hides...

Porcelain Anenome Crab, he never hides lol surprised him and my pistol shrimp havent duked it out yet.

I had a crab that would actually find a high-point, time the current and jump to where it wanted to go. It usually took a few failed attempts, but it would run right back around and repeat the process.

Back