Now I've done it!

texhorns98

Market
Reaction score
Ordered the new tank today from Chris up at Fish Scales. Hopefully this time I'll have everything just how I like it (for now, at least :doh:).

I'm going to use my old stand, so the footprint will remain the same. 48x21x22h. Chris has come up with some very cool ideas for the overflow, trim, and bracing, but you guys will just have to wait until the build thread comes along. It's nice to find a builder who's as excited about trying some new things as I am! I will say this, I bit the bullet and went 3 sides Starphire!:D

This tank has to be it for a while. My wife has been patient up to now, but I know my limits!

I'm sure she'll understand as long as it stays under $1000

Chris builds great tanks - I saw Mockery's half done and it was still impressive...

LeeS;342708 wrote: I'm sure she'll understand as long as it stays under $1000

Man I knew I left some money on the table!!!:shout:

Just kidding:D I will take pictures of my glass build.

Fish Scales2;342732 wrote: Man I knew I left some money on the table!!!:shout:

Just kidding:D I will take pictures of my glass build.

Hah! That was for lights, camera, action! Not just the tank...

Pics on your end would be great Chris! Just don't let it get in the way of that ONE week build time...:eek:

Just kidding...ten days will be fine.:yes:

LilRobb;342712 wrote: Chris builds great tanks - I saw Mockery's half done and it was still impressive...

Yep, I'm going off Colin's experience, plus my own dealings with Chris so far. I've talked to 3 or 4 builders in two tanks and bought from another one before talking to Chris. The difference so far (since I haven't actually SEEN his work, just pics) has been how excited Chris is to try different things. In my mind, I wanted a builder who was as excited to build my tank as I was. I found that in Chris who has already come up with some new ideas that you guy's will see.

Well...now you've done it! Make sure you post pics along the way. I'm sure it will be one nice piece. :up:

Trey, If you want to come by this weekend and check out my tank let me know.

texhorns98;342778 wrote: Yeah, that was for the FIRST tank...this is tank #3!!:mad2:

OK so you should be able to spend 3K on this one

LeeS;342796 wrote: OK so you should be able to spend 3K on this one

Hmmm....there's some money in this for you if you can convince my wife to follow your logic!!:yes:

Mockery;342791 wrote: Trey, If you want to come by this weekend and check out my tank let me know.

I might take you up on that, Colin. I'm looking for a place to ride to this weekend. Maybe it will be Kennesaw!

texhorns98;342856 wrote: Hmmm....there's some money in this for you if you can convince my wife to follow your logic!!:yes:

Simple progression up the tank hierarchy. Kinda like inflation and cost-of-living increases. Try to compare it to shoes and purses.

Only problem is we're not getting any bigger with this tank...just different and BETTER! Then again, she'll come home with a pair of black shoes and easily justify it. Even though she has 6 pairs of black shoes already. I like your style, Lee...

Your logic is flawed, you can't win that battle with the wife......just accept it.

BTW - What's the projected resale date on the tank Chris is working on now? I'm sure we can setup a pool and sell dates with a percentage going to your next tank after that LOL.

Oh Mike, I'd laugh at you if there weren't more than a kernel of truth to what you are saying. I'd give this one a year or so, at least. If we move to a different house, all bets are off!!

Back