Nuclear Green/Purple Death care

cdub

Market
Reaction score
i have frags of both nuclear green and purple death palys that i can't seem to make happy. they are open and growing new polyps, but they do not look that great. the polyps are open but they are very flat to the rock/plug and have spots around the skirt where they are kinda folded on in themselves or turned up. i have several other zoa/paly colonies right beside them that look great, so it has to be something about the flow/lighting. does anyone have some advice on how to get these guys in their "happy spot"? right now they are on the bottom 22'' below 4 overdriven and 2 normally driven T5 bulbs. they are not in direct flow but do get the "undertow" created by the water being pulled along the bottom back to my vortechs.

When they are newly cut they do that (sometimes for a month or 2). Especially if it was just a couple of polyps. I have found it best to buy these in a cluster of several polyps. They will slowly form in to a nice cluster but in my experience they take a little longer than other zoas / palys. They do tend to like lower light conditions as mentioned.

Thanks for the info. The greens are about 3 months old and I have 12 or 15 of them so ill slide those under my mobti plate. The purples are new and I only have 4 so ill wait it out on them.

Back