Nutramar?

bulkrate

Market
Reaction score
So back in November every store worth its salt (hah hah..see what I did there?!) started to carry Nutramar (prawn roe), and at near-online prices. So much so that I finally gave in to my desire to add a mandarin.

True to form as my luck tends to go, right after so doing there's a GLOBAL shortage of the stuff. :roll:

Flash forward to now - the fish is doing well and is "mostly" trained onto NLS pellets & Larry's reef frenzy - but still takes a tiiiiiiny shaving of Nutramar into the mix to get her striking. My pouch of the food is getting old, but it seems that the shortage is still going on.

Anyone aware of a sponsor in our area that has seen a trace of this stuff come in over the last month or two? Or can order (and expect it to show up) albeit at an inflated price? Or has a relatively fresh pouch they'd be willing to part company with a portion of (I still have almost 2/3 of my original purchased one, but it's at the 7-month mark).

there is no lfs in this state with this stuff! please try Hikari mysis and PE mysis for your mandarin!

After obtaining my second juvie Anampses twistii in February (that would eat absolutely nothing except nutramar ova), after I was close to run out, I went to H-Mart, FU Mart, whatever mart and bought every conceivable roe known to ...nope!

After a nationwide hunt, I did find a lfs in Brooklyn that I overpaid a chunk to overnight....lol...

This stuff is more valuable then platinum
!

Ralph ATL;973071 wrote: there is no lfs in this state with this stuff! please try Hikari mysis and PE mysis for your mandarin!

After obtaining my second juvie Anampses twistii in February (that would eat absolutely nothing except nutramar ova), after I was close to run out, I went to H-Mart, FU Mart, whatever mart and bought every conceivable roe known to ...nope!

After a nationwide hunt, I did find a lfs in Brooklyn that I overpaid a chunk to overnight....lol...

This stuff is more valuable then platinum
!

That's dedication there bro:up: so what's up with the no more mystery box name??

showthread.php

I'm planning to use some of my remaining to wean onto yet another food...likely PE mysis/cyclopes pack or ROE this next time around. The fish will go after both pellets and frozen food blends, but seems to need that certain special sauce of Nutramar to know that it's actually "food". ;)

I use maybe a sliver the size of a split pea and she eats for way longer than it lasts. But that last little bit of training seems to elude me. At this rate my remaining pouch would last another six to eight months, but for the concern of spoilage.

Back