Nuvo Nano 10g

jc_k

Market
Reaction score
After not owning any saltwater tanks for a couple years I finally started a 10 Nuvo fusion. I’m going to college at the end of August, so I wanted to set something small up that I would be able to move around easily. I’m also kinda broke so this was the best choice for me. The tank has been set up for about a month now, and I’m leaning toward a goby species tank. I would like to keep mainly zoas/sps but it will most likely turn into a mixed reef. I would like to thank everyone who sold me the items to put this tank together, as I couldn’t afford anything new lol. I know it’s a little iffy trying to make a nano a goby tank, but they’re some of my favorite fish and as long as I keep up with the bio load I’m hoping it’ll be ok.

Stock list
(Current)
Multiple zoa frags
Black clown goby
Hectors goby
Yellow Watchman Goby
Cleaner Shrimp
(Future)
Yasha White ray shrimp goby and/or
Green banded goby
More coral :)

Equipment
10g Nuvo fusion running filter floss
Wr-4 Jebao wavemaker
Cheap led light off amazon 9x3w cree led’s
JBJ ATO
Unknown Heater

My only concern with the gobies is if they’ll get along. I also sadly didn’t do any research before purchasing the hectors goby. It’s a common problem with them that they don’t readily eat free floating food, instead they eat pods and microorganisms in alage, and my tank is very new so this will pose a problem. I have high hopes with this tank and would love to keep this thread updated with how everything’s going.
8BCE15BB-5194-486F-A17E-3DEAA87B3852.jpegBA36E12A-EC65-4783-AFCB-10709810E32C.jpeg914A80EC-F7E2-43CF-8C87-FE2AB6F3B1A0.jpeg

Looks good! What percent are your whites and blues? I have the same light and generally keep mine at 100% blue, 10% white.

Looks good! What percent are your whites and blues? I have the same light and generally keep mine at 100% blue, 10% white.

I keep the blues at 100% and the whites at 80%. I would like to take the whites down but I’m worried that it won’t be enough light, so until I get my hands on a par meter I’ll probably be running the whites at 70-80%. Have you had pretty good growth under them @ those settings?

Check this video out. Pretty comprehensive par test for the light. I’ve has great growth so far but only have a few SPS frags, mainly LPS. Nemo’s in Duluth is running this light on their nano on the counter by the register at 100% blue 0% white with great results and I think only 7 hours a day. Mine is at 10 hours but experimenting with cutting it down a few more bc I’ve had a little algae growth lately.

Check this video out. Pretty comprehensive par test for the light. I’ve has great growth so far but only have a few SPS frags, mainly LPS. Nemo’s in Duluth is running this light on their nano on the counter by the register at 100% blue 0% white with great results and I think only 7 hours a day. Mine is at 10 hours but experimenting with cutting it down a few more bc I’ve had a little algae growth lately.

Nice! Didn’t even think of looking for a video lol. Guess I’ve been running mine a bit too high then. Can’t wait to get some sps under it :)

Nice looking tank! It's gonna look amazing in a couple of years when those zoa's are covering the rocks!

Back