Nuvo40 ATO Reservoir

Rainblood

Supporting
Reaction score
What are you guys using? Stand shape is too narrow for a HD bucket and I don't want to pay a ridiculous price for a 5gal plastic/glass box designed for it.

I’m using 2.5 gallon water jug with ato pipe routed through a grommet in the lid.

The 2.5s are a little slimmer than hd bucket but water containers come thinner for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to size my ATOs to be between 8-9% of system volume. Or rather, i will have a larger ATO reservoir, but always keep it underfilled to this level.

Ill make a post on the specifics soon, but i started this rule of thumb for myself years ago. Essentially determined by the concern of: What if my ATO failed in the 'on' position, how could i reduce the risk of adverse effects to near 0.

Ill check my math before i make the post. That was a very long time ago.

Edit: and in terms of what to use, i usually make my own reservoir out of an appropriately sized plastic storage tote. Its cheap and has never failed me in 10+ years of multiple simultaneous tanks.

5 gallon bucket but im eyeing the 5 gallon AQUA Gadget hydrofill. would fit perfect and clean up the look.

I have 2 of the 5 gal Hydrofil’s, but really would like to have one of the 15 gal versions for my display system.

~7 gallon drinking water jug from Walmart. I think it was $18. Screw on lid for hauling it back to the RODI station. Added a 90 degree murlok fitting and acrylic 1/4" tube to keep the PMUP pump at the very bottom of the jug. Magnetic optical sensor a couple inches from the bottom keeps it from running dry.

PXL_20210604_012224316.jpg

We normally just use a 5 gallon water tote but for the 125 and since we are going out of town we found a 20g small heavy duty plastic trash can.

I picked this up at Walmart for like $15 it’s a 6 gallon container and fits great in tight spaces. It was in with the camping supplies.

E33A6B69-36A9-4339-88F9-98F139C16ECA.jpeg

Back