Oceanmotions 2 and 4ways

lilrobb

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone run them?
I am thinking about getting rid of each and all powerheads and using the 4way, or keeping 2 PHs and getting the 2way.
I read they're only good to 2200gph (the super squirt that is), so running a dart on them wouldn't work?

Any input is appreciated

Thanks Robb

I'd like to run a 3-way but the Mrs. won't hear to it! :lol2::lol2:

Sorry dude--had to comment...

I have been researching them for a closed loop on the 180 gal instead of powerheads. From what I found most people use the 4 way with a dart pump but I am still researching and trying to find out if I want to go that way it is a lot of holes in the aquarium.

They can run on a dart but throttled back a little.
Run as closed loop and run your return on a squid, now thats random flow!

That's my plan Chris,
but the 6 extra holes in the backwall are sorta scary...

You currently have 4 holes drilled in bottom, correct? What size are they? You will be going slooooowwww flow through sump and fuge I am sure so IMO 1 drain is enough. That leaves an extra hole, yeah? <span style="font-family: Impact">Wait that wont work</span>
Sure it will if we drill a hole in the bottom of the glass overflow box and install a bulkhead and 90. Drill 4 holes in the back glass, run 4 threaded bulkheads and install Locline Y's. You still have your 2 returns for the squid.

Harleyguy may have a 4way for sale still. Cheap if I remember correctly.
I didn't get it because I have things above that on my funds list for my new build. Hope this helps. Good flow pattern model too.

The 4 way is rated at over 7500gph and the one I have was custom drilled for a dart (2" input) and is what I ran on it. The one I have has a version 1 drum so it rotates as such (1,2,3,4 repeat)... I hope that makes since.

Shane

Fish Scales2;373604 wrote: Run as closed loop and run your return on a squid, now thats random flow!

Exactly how I have my 185 set up, with a mag18 on the return and a Hammerhead on the CL. Random flow is just right IMO.

Back