Octolid- feedback?

sharis100

Supporting
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Octolid? Previously, we have used Clearview for all our lids, but decided to try Octolids for this build due to the availability of hinged doors. We ordered and paid and were told 4 weeks. Then, with the holidays, he pushed to before Xmas delivery and then pushed to before New Years. Which then was pushed to shipping to us on the 30th. The guy Matt apparently sent the lid via some weird FedEx ground transport on a truck instead of normal FedEx shipping. So, the package was supposed to get here Friday, then today, and now it is in FedEx ‘pending life purgatory with no delivery date given. Hope it is not damaged or lost as it took forever to get him to ship. Anyone have experience with Octolids since this is taking forever and not similar to our experience or expectations after dealing with Clearview for years. Any feedback would be great.

I actually just placed my order with Matt for one about two weeks ago, he stated that I would have a rendering for approval within a few days then about 7 days later he asked me to confirm my measurements. Im giving him the benefit of the doubt with the holidays and everything but hopefully it doesn't end like your situation. I will say he doesn't seem much for communication, I ordered my heater holder from him. I placed an order with him for it and never heard a word until he shipped which was fine for that item. He does seem to have some high quality work and good reviews on R2R. I hope it all works out well for you.

I actually just placed my order with Matt for one about two weeks ago, he stated that I would have a rendering for approval within a few days then about 7 days later he asked me to confirm my measurements. Im giving him the benefit of the doubt with the holidays and everything but hopefully it doesn't end like your situation. I will say he doesn't seem much for communication, I ordered my heater holder from him. I placed an order with him for it and never heard a word until he shipped which was fine for that item. He does seem to have some high quality work and good reviews on R2R. I hope it all works out well for you.
Thanks for the feedback. I read good reviews on R2R which is why we ordered the lid from him. Hoping we actually get the lid if FedEx can ever find it:

Our lid from Matt at Octolids arrived and it is beautiful! FedEx performed poorly, but the lid is a perfect fit!

Back