Octopus DWNB 110 2009 SKIMMER RECIRC

1percula

Market
Reaction score
I just hooked up my new skimmer on my system yesterday. After messing with the waterflow for a couple of hours and checking the results every 5 mins, I just pulled the cover off the collection cup and noticed a full head of dry foam making its way to the top of the cup. NOT bubbles, but foam.

These skimmers are great!! However, setting it up was a nightmare. Leaks all over the place and horrible instructions. The O rings aren't worth a flip. I had to use a little plumbers tape to seal it off. But now that it is working, the pain is past.

However is operates better than advertised. If you are thinking about it, go get one! But buy some patience with it. If you are a skimming vet, then you probably won't have any problems, but if you are a rookie, get some help. I'm running mine out of the sump simply because I couldn't get it in my sump. I had to make a make shift 2nd sump out of a plastic file box I purchased at Officedepot for the skimmer (got to keep the water off the floor, wife will kill me).

Let me say one more time, this thing operates better than advertised. It is quiet and getting the job done. This is a 93 gallon tank that has only been running for 3 weeks. There might be 20 pounds of live rock, 2 percs, one colt coral and some mushrooms. And this skimmer is pulling foam after 1 day.

Go get one!!!

Back