Octopus mash mod

wolfie

Market
Reaction score
Look like my new pump will be here on Friday. Anyone willing to help me mash mod it?

I read about it, but do not have to tool to do it :doh: I like to get the skimmer up and running again after 1 week off.

I've got some extra enkamat for you if you're ever near Sugar Hill / Buford / Cumming.

BTW, when I modded my NW-150 I enlarged the venturi slightly- that seemed to help.

before you guys do that, the proper way to make sure its effectively working for you is to get a kill-a-watt and an air meter to see if the air intake raises any vs the watts used. There is a topic somewhere on RC about this. You can easily lower the performance of your pump by making the venturi too large and or having the mesh not properly working for you. Jsut something to consider.

Use enkamat # 4 if you can. it works the best. If you dont want to use a killawatt meter and air flow meter be sure to trim the mesh way back smaller dia than your NW and a very low profile.

which model Octopus do you have?

You can pick up a killawatt meter at Harbor Frieght

I'll be swapping out my Coralife 165 for a DAS later this month and was going to mod the old Coralife and put it on my 55 Gallon. Does any one have some enkamat mesh that they can spare around Cobb area? If not, I'll probably jsut go ahead and order some so if anyone else needs some let me know.
Bob

i know that you can get a free sample from there site ..i dont know the link though hope some one posts it here
victor

I have a pickup is free offer at my house. I still have a ton of the stuff and don't mind cutting swatches off for people.

sweet! I'd like to get some from you. Let me know what works for you and I can swing by...would love to see the tanks!
Bob Z

Cameron
look like I will have to take you on your offer. I guess I can drop by Sat or Sunday. which ever be the best day for you.

The new pump show up today which are 2 days early. I am going to hook it up and get the skimmer started and take the old part to get it mod

Saturday I am at the motorcycle show and Sunday I may be at Brandons if we are going to do that tank finishing thing. So Sunday will likely be best. Shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.

Back