Odd hitchhiker - can anyone ID?

lmm1967

Reaction score
Came in a batch of Tampa Bay Saltwater rock.

It's about 4" long

IMG_0652.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_0651.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_0650.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Confirmed as Toadfish. Likely pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's currently in the sump. Hope I can get her to eat frozen / dead food. Will probably end up in the display fuge once I get some of the rock transferred over to the main tank.

I would research them some. If I remember correctly, I was told by an older charter boat captain that their slime coat is toxic. It even causes irritation to some who handle them.

Lmm1967;1097326 wrote: She's currently in the sump. Hope I can get her to eat frozen / dead food. Will probably end up in the display fuge once I get some of the rock transferred over to the main tank.

That will work for now, but you might want to consider a long term plan. Pretty sure they get rather large. Maybe they aren't active swimmers. I believe they just bury themselves and wait for prey. Never kept one though, just various things I remember reading.

Shrimpy Brains;1097354 wrote: That will work for now, but you might want to consider a long term plan. Pretty sure they get rather large. Maybe they aren't active swimmers. I believe they just bury themselves and wait for prey. Never kept one though, just various things I remember reading.

I will have to sort out a long term plan for sure - she's not going to fit in my tanks very well.

I'm hoping it will settle in a little and start eating - then I may end up looking for a better home.

I would HATE to have to invest in another tank just for this. :lol2:

Saltwatertanks........not just a hobby.....it's an addiction.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back