Odd polyp growth

lorenk

Market
Reaction score
Anyone ever have polyps that grow weird? Check out some of the ones that have skirts growing from the middle. Most are fine, but there are about 5 that have something weird going on. The one on the right side of the pic is the most extreme example.

i dont know better be safe than sorry, send it to me and il let you know how they do in my tank! jk... never seen that before.

Loren.. I know exactly what it is! Those zoas need some specific type of suppliment that only can be found in one place....my tank! Nice Monster lips!

I don't like so many imperfect polyps...there must be some environmental factor like lights, flow, chemicals.

They've grown quite a bit in size, maybe they are growing too fast for their own good?

Maybe it is the fact that Darwin was right.... Small mutations can happen even in corals.. When they start shooting lazer beams out of their centers is when you should worry, other then that, I say leave them be.

I mean our culture is obsessed with the "perfect" body type (for a coral). You see all the pictures in print about how corals "SHOULD" look and that puts pressure on us and our corals to meet some unobtainable level of perfection. It is unhealthy I tell you. You start to get corals that don't want to eat just so their polyps do not get "too" big! My anemone spits up every shrimp I feed it but only after lights are out just so I can not see him do it. And it is not only my corals doing this stuff. I saw a red leg hermit with no shell the other day, running around naked and flashing "personal" area. I can only imagine he learned it from Britney Spears. Do not even get me started on the Flame Angel that keeps running into rocks and dropping this "white powdery substance" that I am SURE is not calcium!! I can only blame Lindsey Lohan for this latest behavior! When will we, as members of society, put a stop to all of this?!? I am ashamed of you Loren, you are just feeding fuel to the fire! I think your polyps need to come live in my tank so they can see that they will be love even with their imperfections!!!

sell it on ebay for $900, tell them it's a PPE polyp morph with a ricordea yuma. UltraRare and will absorb nitrate by 10ppm/100gallons of water a day.

ouling;62625 wrote: sell it on ebay for $900, tell them it's a PPE polyp morph with a ricordea yuma. UltraRare and will absorb nitrate by 10ppm/100gallons of water a day.

LOL....I'd imagine someone out there would buy it! I heard someone bought a opened can of dogfood from Paris Hiltons garbage can for $100K. Just remember $ doesn't buy brains!

No way. That's how they get your info...then they send ninjas to your house and pilfer your zoas. I had a basket ball sized rock covered with PPEs and they nabbed it...that's why you see so many folks with those now.

I'll have none of that thank you very much.

leveldrummer;62694 wrote: submit that picture to zoaid.com please, its very interesting, ive never seem that before, but they have quite a nice collection of weird zoanthid pics, that would make a great shot to add.

Back