odd shaped tank opening

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
i need to make a new mesh top for my new tank, a corner bow front. the shape is basically a pentagon with a curved bottom. any ideas on making this work? i've done a rectangle one with an opening for my ATO and HOB filter.

Edit: this is the dimensions of the opening
top.jpg
alt="" />

if you cut the inside with a thin kerfed blade it will allow you to bend it inward. the spline will hold it some and you can pop rivet the under side with wider piece that has been cut down or a piece of flat stock that has been bent. options are endless.

I used window screen channels on my bowfront. They connect with plactic inserts that can be heated up and manipulated a bit.
I was able to get them to bend "off" the 90 degree angle.

That back corner would be pretty tough though.;)

so you're able to manipulate the little 90 corner piece? the back corner of the tank is 90degrees so that shouldn't be a problem.

HiImSean;782310 wrote: so you're able to manipulate the little 90 corner piece? the back corner of the tank is 90degrees so that shouldn't be a problem.

I suppose your right. Lol.
It's an optical illusion.

Yes...it should work nicely.
Acroholic has a nice thread on this somewhere.

BASSCYN;782459 wrote: I suppose your right. Lol.
It's an optical illusion.

Yes...it should work nicely.
Acroholic has a nice thread on this somewhere.

what do you use to heat the corners?

you can use your oven set at the lowest setting or a toaster over. or boiling water. the parts are probably extruded around 350*. just buy extra because the first couple will be search sacrificed

I just used a lighter.
...but i would imagine any of these methods would work fine.

Back