o'dell fish tanks

mapleredta

Market
Reaction score
well my new (used) tank is a o'dell i tried to do some research but didnt find hardly anything about them. The only thing i seen was that they were bought out and they are some of the heaviest and had the thickest glass.

O'Dell was based out of Ohio years ago. They were THE tank company before All Glass came around. They're well built tanks.

They created a filter call The Whisper. They were bought out by Tetra for their filter technology. Tetra shut down the tank manufacturing division.

Bleedingthought;151475 wrote: I would actually go as far as saying that O'Dell is as well built as Oceanic tanks, which are a little bit better than AGA (even though it's the same manufacturer). :)

AGA and Oceanic are different manufacturers, with different facilities, with different employees. They were just both purchased by the same company - Central Pet and Garden.

O'Dells are over built, Oceanics are prettier. Oceanic has neater ideas and some of their ideas are higher quality than AGA.

tell me about it that tank is HEAVY it has to way at least a 100LBs. It looks to me as if 3 out 4 sides are tempered though. :( The front side is the only one thats not. I thought about bringing the back side to the front but it has a bit of scratches. so i dont know what to do about my drilling issue know.

i was told tempered had a "wave look" in the glass all three sides do but the front glass panel. LOL could anybody recommend me a external overflow?

Central Pet has pretty much left Oceanic alone to keep building great tanks. Their manufacturing facility is completely seperate from AGA/Aqueon. O'Dell was one of the first to use lower iron glass for improved clarity. They were very well built.

And might i add again, VERY HEAVY. I kid you not the glass is probably 1/2" thick all the way around.

Back