Office tanks...

harleyguy

Market
Reaction score
I was considering putting a tank in my office and was wondering how may folks here have done just that? If you have a tank in your office please tell us about it and post some pictures...

I also had some questions about what to get and what to keep... Obviously the problem would be that I'm not there 7 days a week, so I would need something that is very self sustaining, and easy to keep any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shane

I was thinking from 3 gallons to 39 gallons and the 39 gallon tank would have to be a Cadlights because it isn't as wide as most (i.e. it doesn't stick off the wall as much as the "larger" nanos)

I know this has been said a million times on here now, but seriously a pistol/goby pair are soooo interesting to watch and are pretty low maintenance. Throw in a few sexy shrimp and maybe a purple fire fish! Or an itty bitty tomato clown! Yay!

Do softie corals, like bunches of zoas. Just pick up frags and let them spread

Well, if I just had one for sale, lol. It was the sex shrimp that put you over the edge, wasn't it?

Lol, Pranoti, we are so guilty...

>

My only thought with a really small nano is evaperation... If I'm out of the office for 3 days, that could be devastating to a very small tank... and those sexy shrimp might not be so sexy when I got back...

Do a cube with a closed top. I hardly have any evap outta the ones I just sold. We'd leave them for three days at a time with no problem.

Harleyguy;341736 wrote: My only thought with a really small nano is evaperation... If I'm out of the office for 3 days, that could be devastating to a very small tank... and those sexy shrimp might not be so sexy when I got back...

i had a 2.5 that i neglected and only topped off once a week or so, which amounted to about a quart-2 quarts of water. no ill effects. a weekend shouldn't hurt anything.

Back