Ok guys, this is getting bad!!!

floridaboy704

Market
Reaction score
My Aquapod is looking like a reef somewhat now :thumbs:
Keep in mind... im a weird one that likes frags and watching the reef grow. I think thats part of the fun of it!

I have currently in the tank:

Corals
<ul>
<li>small colt coral frag</li>
<li>2 frags of pom pom xenia (thanks wayb!! they are awesome :cheers: )</li>
<li>small gsp frag</li>
<li>nuclear green zoa frag</li>
<li>yellow polyp frag</li>
<li>small ric and reg mushroom</li>
</ul>CUC

<ul>
<li>8 small blue leg hermits</li>
<li>2 turbo snails</li>
<li>1 cerinth snail</li>
<li>1 astrea snail</li>
</ul>Misc

<ul>
<li>stromella</li>
<li>asternia stars</li>
<li>micro brittle stars (even found a super cool ghost white one last night!!)</li>
<li>many diff pods</li>
</ul>I know some of these things are normal to you guys but this stuff is awesome never having a reef before... I sit there and just watch for hours sometimes. It seems like I always find something interesting happening and I dont even have any fish!! :confused2:

Now, this is why its getting bad! I went back into my reg LFS today and just started discussing things. One thing lead to another (and putting down deposit money) now I'm starting my second reef... slowly! Buying things slowly this time and planning better. I think I have decided on a 75g RR with T5 lighting. Only thing is tank and supplies are really expensive at my LFS so im gonna be cruising the for sale section here and adding slowly to some degree till I get everything ready... sump, lights, tank, stand, etc. Im already dreaming of monti, sps, ........:huh:

Thanks guys *evil grin*

Cant wait to start the build in the next month or two!

welcome-we're all powered by the reefer drug--lol; you can catch some good deals on the DG&LS forum--gotta beat Mufret, though-lol

Look...I dont want to spoil ALL your fun...But lets be realistic...Your going to hate your tank in 4 months and think you need bigger...So, cut through all the garbage and get yourself a 90 gallon now. Youll thank me later!! lol

welcome

BeesBaby;165484 wrote:
If noone has mentioned yet, we love pictures ... from first setting up the tank all the way to putting new inhabitants into it. (hint hint wink wink).

Actually I have pics of my AP coming up tmw for you guys ;)

If I actually could go larger than 75 I would!! only thing is I may be pushing the weight limit on my floor! I may acutally have to go under the house and brace the supports for the 75. It really has me 2nd guessing my decision but I think it will be ok.

I stood there talking to my friend at the LFS for 5 hours thinking and discussing. I was going with a 55 but it looked too narrow for me... anyway I will shut up now :p:fish:

tnyga;165500 wrote: Look...I dont want to spoil ALL your fun...But lets be realistic...Your going to hate your tank in 4 months and think you need bigger...So, cut through all the garbage and get yourself a 90 gallon now. Youll thank me later!! lol

welcome

:doh: I wish I could...... man do I ever wish I could...

Amberjack;165583 wrote: Yeah, Put Victor out of his misery! I'm sure he'll take $2,900!:yes:
if its cash i will take it :thumbs: ....if not ill keep it

I sometimes watch my tanks for hours as I listen to the voices in my head tell me i need more "fish crap"

Another one hooked!!Like My sig says,shoulda started smoking crack as My hobby would probably be cheaper!I started with a 55 about 18 years ago and now have a 475 sitting in the garage waiting for Me to close in My back porch to accomodate it!!Pretty bad when You start modifying Your house to accomodate a tank :D .

Reefjunkee;165596 wrote: Another one hooked!!Like My sig says,shoulda started smoking crack as My hobby would probably be cheaper!

:confused2: Is that why I keep rocking back in forth in front of my tank in the fetal position asking myself why.... why god why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reefjunkee;165596 wrote: I started with a 55 about 18 years ago and now have a 475 sitting in the garage waiting for Me to close in My back porch to accomodate it!!Pretty bad when You start modifying Your house to accomodate a tank :D .

We have a pretty decent house... but its a rental:doh:

I dont think the landlord would take kindly to having me cut holes in the drywall and pouring concrete supports under his house to support a 100+ gallon reef :lol2:

Barbara;165702 wrote: Zanski put his 75G up for sale yesterday. I think he was asking $800 for everything and that would be an absolute steal. Plug and play, and he has some nice equipement.

I know!!!! He pmd me telling me about it!!! :eek:

I wish I had the cash to do it.... *looks at xbox 360 and wonders how he would feel if it were gone*

:sick:

*sigh*

Thats when reality hits and I tell myself to take it slow!

I know how you feel!!!:eek: I got back in to the hobby a year and a half ago when I set up my 70G. After adding a few 10's and 20's (tanks not cash - WAY more cash!!!:eek: ), a 40, a 55, a few more sumps, a bunch of skimmers and lights, lots of live rock ... now I'm going to setup a 210!
Good luck with the new build! :thumbs:
Bob

Back