OK, I think I need help

stacy22

Market
Reaction score
I am in the process of setting up a 150g display. I bought two cool Lumen Bright MH pendants to go over my tank. I have tried to be a "DIYer" and so far have failed miserably. :( My tank does not have a canopy (I don't like them) so I have tried building something myself on the wall behind the tank so I can hang the lights that way....Well, it looks aweful and I feel defeated. I really wanted to do this myself but it has gotten to the point where I have to admit that I don't know what the ^%@%^$ I am doing....(Please don't tell my dad).

Is there anybody who would consider helping a girl out with this? I can pay someone or buy you dinner and a beer. I don't think it would take very long for someone who knew what he/she was doing. I don't have a digital camera so I can't post any pictures of what mess I have made so far...:yuk:

I know this is a bad time of year for everyone as far as having any free time but thought I'd ask....I live in the Decatur area. PM for more details...

Stacy

Why not just go with a fixture? Clean and easy if you don't want to go with a canopy.

I bought a 3/4" square aluminum bar from home depot. I then drilled wholes and used Eye bolts to attach the reflectors to the aluminum bar. Next hang the bar from the ceiling and attach the wire to the eye bolts. I will attach some pic for you later.

Joe

Here some pic's.

DSC_0004-5.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_0006-2.jpg
alt="" />

Joe

Thanks to those who have responded here and in PM....I will return your messages this weekend. I have been swamped at work and AWOL from my computer much of the past few days. 'Tis the season I guess.

Thanks again,
Stace

I like that too. My office has an 'industrial look' anyway (on purpose). I have black and silver/gray fixtures and furnishings in that room already. May go with something like this. :)

Back