Ok...I'm almost ready to begin!

el-reefo

Market
Reaction score
I got the new 75g tank, a 15g sump, a 20g Refugium, an RO/DI 5 stage filter, and a Jebo Skimmer. I am ready to go buy sand and salt. Any suggestions as to what is best and how much should I pay for it?

Also,

The tank I have is used. I cleaned it the best I could but there are some un-reacheable places in the overflow compartment. I tried with vinegar and water only, but some stuff did not come out. Any suggestions as to "How Clean" does the tank need to be in order for it to be usable...maybe any other cleaning products that will help me achieve this goal?

ThX.

:eek:

little bleach can help, sometimes. if it's out of sight, it's out of mind, right?

macro algae exists in the natural ecosystem so i don't think "sterilizing" the tank has any real added benefits vs just cleaning it... this is, at least from my experience.

Try Aquabuys for both Salt and Sand.

For Salt, go ahead and get a bucket. For Sand, I figure one lb per gallon (although that's not exact).

If you are worried about random spots of coralline, I personally wouldn't. It's long dead, that tank has been dry for about 6 months now if it's the 72g. But a razor blade as suggested or you might get a scraper since you'll need one anyway...also can get that from Aquabuys.

Back