OK to burn a scented candle?

darren24

Market
Reaction score
Well my office / tank room has a nice aroma of skimmer funk. Is it harmful at all to burn a scented yankee type of candle in the room?

This is what I would use over a candle.

a>

unless its a SMALL tank, and a little office I would think you'll be fine....

Not sure how true this is but I have a 29 gallon reef that smelled bad. Someone told me to run carbon in it and it wouldn't smell. I did and it worked. Not sure if there where others factors involved this was several years ago.

To answer the question no a scented candle will not harm your aquarium

Ive got a relatively small tank, with a massively over sized skimmer in a small room. I've messed around with different scented candles, as my wife seems to have almost as many candles as she does shoes. The ones from bath and body works will cause my skimmer to act funky after 20 or 30 min. Her "hippie candles" as I call em, soy all natural all that jazz, dont seem to cause the same issue. That being said, Ive never seen any negative results from burning any of them.

JimmyStephens;1003775 wrote: Not sure how true this is but I have a 29 gallon reef that smelled bad. Someone told me to run carbon in it and it wouldn't smell. I did and it worked. Not sure if there where others factors involved this was several years ago.

This ^ for the tank

djslocker_lg.jpg
alt="" />

This ^ for your skimmer, pack the top with carbon and you'll be good to go!

+1 carbon
It's best to run carbon monthly to remove metals, impurities... from the water too.

paul692;1003933 wrote: i like to burn sage it smells good and makes you feel good so they say

Absolutely!!

Burn a little sage, rosemary and .... other herbs :) always make me feel good lol

Back