Ok to leave moonlights on all night?

phoenix20

Market
Reaction score
I just got a pair of blue LED moonlights and have been running them once the main lights go off for the entire night.

Is it ok to leave these lights on all night? Does it mess with the photosynthesis cycle of the corals if I do this?

Should I be trying to do a "dusk" and an "twilight" phase an hour or two before/after the main lights cut on/off?

Would running the moonlights 24x7 while the main lights were on assist the corals with additional light?

Thanks all! MACNA rocked!

:up:

I run mine 24/7. It is not enough to make a difference during the day and will not hurt at all to run all night.

When I had them, I left them on 24x7. They were nice when I couldn't sleep and needed something to do. Neat things come out at night!

tebriel;215847 wrote: When I had them, I left them on 24x7. They were nice when I couldn't sleep and needed something to do. Neat things come out at night!

thats what she said.

you mean they can be turned off? hell mine have been on for 5 years now

it won't hurt, but it won't help either.

Mine runs on a cycle that simulates the actual lunar cycle.

i used to leave mine on all night, but for the past month ive started turning all lights off at night. ALOT of creatures come out when its pitch black. i have this tiny green urchin and the second any light comes on it starts bookin it towards the shade. my fish seem a little confused though when i switch the light on for viewing. but its really amazing how much small inverts come out when its dark.

Back