OK to start....

darren24

Market
Reaction score
I am upgrading to a new 120G from a 60g cube. I have a lot going on so I was going to just add a little water at a time like 10g a day. I already have the rock and sand (I use the trash bag method to prevent cloudiness) in the tank. As soon as I get it 1/2 to 3/4 full I plan to put some rock from my existing tank in and start up my vortech 40 for movement. When it is full I will obviously start up the mag 12. So the question is: Is it ok to leave saltwater sitting in a tank with no movement for a week or so? Thanks.

I left some mixed in my brute for only a couple days and the vinyl hose I left in there and also the sides of the brute got super slimy. I did use it last night with no apparent adverse effects last night after letting it circulate for an hour or so for oxygen

Trash Bag Method: After you put sand in a new tank you can put a large trash bag on the sand. I also put 4 coffee mugs in each corner to hold the trash bag down. Then when you add the water to the tank it does not stir up all of the sand.

Darren24;967488 wrote: Trash Bag Method: After you put sand in a new tank you can put a large trash bag on the sand. I also put 4 coffee mugs in each corner to hold the trash bag down. Then when you add the water to the tank it does not stir up all of the sand.

Ok thanks for the info.

Back