ok what would cause this?

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
my CPR bakpak was working fine for sooo long. I did a red hair algae treatment on my tank (i know its a quick fix but not a long term fix) but along with that treatment i have added more circulation and i am replacing my bulbs started regular water changes and so on.....now right when i did the treatment my skimmer went nuts this was prob 2 or 3 weeks ago.....started shooting micro bubbles out really bad......i have done 2 water changes since then and still to this day every time i turn the skimmer on i get micro bubbles. I have not been skimming my tank for about 2 weeks and i know this is going to catch up with me very soon so what should i do?

i dont think the skimmer is broken but i really dont know what could be causing this??

The algae treatment. Either clean the skimmer or let it run its course.

even though i have done water changes and i am running carbon and purigen the algae treatment could still be the cause after 2 or 3 weeks?

i have taken the stopper off the airline and i am skimming very very wet right now and this is the way i can get the fewer amount of micro bubbles. so maybe i will let it run like this for a few days it just looks like crap

could try doing a vinegar bath. Let it soak in vinegar for a few hours...and run it with vinegar. That might help out.

My CPR is crazy like that. A bubble guard definitely helps. I have the bubble box surface skimmer combo. It should calm down though but you can tweak the airflow to help.

hey fishfiend is this the surface skimmer you are talking about?
a>

Back