Omg

reggie060

Reaction score
CBA to I need someone to let me know whats going on with the LFS here inn town. Just riding around yesterday and got my heart broken.....That was the BEST in town hands down.. I'm getting back into the hobbie and now this. Is there a LFS with corals like CBA

Closed in August.
Check the sponsors section:
Marine Fish
Creation Reef
Saltwater City
Keen Reef
Optimum
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.....

CBA is long gone.

We have a ton of great
forumdisplay.php

THere are some that have their pluses, but none are close in regards to selection.

We need to do a sticky thread that states "Cappucino Bay Aquarium Is Closed".

Not to speak poorly of the dead, but in recent monthsa before closing, they had declined quite a bit in selecetion. Certainly, at one point, I would have been stressed to claim any were better, but towrads the end, they were fading a bit.

Nonetheless, so many of the stores mentioned are picking up the slack.

oops...meant to lol at this one :eek:)

Acroholic;266706 wrote: We need to do a sticky thread that states "Cappucino Bay Aquarium Is Closed".

As far as coral selection, I have over 100 square feet of coral tanks currently running with at least 400 coral frags and colonies. I also have a wide selection of inverts, although the more rare inverts are usually sold quickly.

I never went into CBA during their height, so I can't compare their variety to mine. But, my goal is to be the coral store in Atlanta.

Thanks,
Tim

give keen a shot-he's got great coral selection; in the area Optimum is a great store as well-always clean and nice-but not a great coral selection, but nice healthy looking fish--good luck

SWC and MF are the best I have visited on teh North side. Atreyu is right about SWC, they have a lot of stock rotation, so lots of new stuff all the time.
Keen has lots of corals, including the ORA stuff.

Marine Fish and Creation Reef & Aquatics are my favorite stores on the northwest side.

Einstein Aquatics is my favorite on the east side of town.

I forgot about Creation. THey are worth a visit. I have only been once, but it was nice.

My real favorite store is not a sponsor though. They are Pets Unlt'd.

Pets Unlimited is a very nice small shop, limited selection, but some of the employees can "talk down" to you and act like they know everything. But then you just have to whip out your reef chemistry skills and show them what's what.

Pets Unlimited is near microcenter. It is at the corner of Powers Ferry and Delk.

Any store may have an employee that talks down to you, or at least it seems like they are. Having worked in a store, I know that it can be difficult sometimes to judge a persons knowledge, especially given that there are so many different opinions on what is right. Dont let that discourage you from a store. Just get to know someone that works there that you like (like Steve at MF) and just talk to them whenever you visit!

Off Delk Rd.

I work at MF atreyu, so next time you're in the area come talk to me.

Derek is right about the judging part, some people have to have you explain every little thing and don't know about the wonderful site of Google/RC/ARC. But some are willing to take a little extra time and find out for themselves about it.

And I apologize now if any of you come into the store and you feel I "talked down" to you. It is very hard thing to judge when you go through so many people a day.

Yeh, and you get the people that know nothing but thing they know everything!

And then the ones that 'heard' that something-something was the way to go and they wont believe anything else.....blah blah

Or the ones that just want you to tell them every single thing to do instead of reading about it. I actually suggested to someone that was totally clueless one time that they pick up a book and read about reef keeping before purchasing the biocube they were looking at ( in what I felt was a tactful and helpful tone) and they got mad and said they'd just ask their friend that was sooooooo knowledgeable.

I've never read the book, but I've eyed it at Raj's crib and think I may snag it next time I'm over there. I've actually never read a book about reef-keeping.

Well, I'm not saying you HAVE to read to learn, but if you are clueless, it is a good place to start.

Back