One eventful evening!!

mockery

Market
Reaction score
Well today has been a great day!!! <u>NOT</em></u> at about 9 tonight i went to feed the fish and guess what i find my sailfin tang is dead and stuck to a powerhead!! Then at 10 or so i'm looking at the tank to make sure everyone is ok and i see something gray on a rock and look at it and it is the eyes and claw things of a Mantis shrimp! Then 1020 my parents are looking at the shrimp and my mom is says she see something else on the same rock moving. I don't see it but 5 min later i was trying to take pics of the Mantis and i see a rock crab!! So tomorrow afternoon i get to take apart my rock work and get them out!! If anyone can give me some tips that would be great

Colin

this type of crab can be caught by putting a very smooth drinking glass in the aquariiuum with bait in it at night. The crab climbs in to get the food, cant climb out of the glass. I am not sure if that would would for the mantis. Can mantises swim?

what do u plan on doing with the mantis. If you want to give him a good home I will take him.

They sure can! They get that tail flapping and can really move fast. He might be able to trap it, but that's iffy. Depending on what kind it is, it may have a particular rock it holes up in and if you can figure out which one it is it's easier to get them that way.

jmaneyapanda;217105 wrote: this type of crab can be caught by putting a very smooth drinking glass in the aquariiuum with bait in it at night. The crab climbs in to get the food, cant climb out of the glass. I am not sure if that would would for the mantis. Can mantises swim?

twinytwin;217190 wrote: what do u plan on doing with the mantis. If you want to give him a good home I will take him.

Well right ACE1204 is first in line then you. But you will have be able to come to Kennesaw to pick it up.

I got 1!! I just pulled the crab out!!! Now i just have to find the mantis shrimp. I'll try and get a pic of the crab in a minute.

Ok now i've found an orange bristle worm! about 3 inches. should i try and get it out now too??

ok thanks. The mantis got away from me so looks like i'm tanking apart the whole tank to find him!!

Thanks i found out that is crab is an acro crab so i'm going to leave it for now. But i'll get that mantis in the mourning!

I got him!!!
DSC_0778-1.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_0776-1.jpg
alt="" />

Back