Market
Reaction score
I had a MAJANO ANEMONES problem in my tank
not anymore
this stuff really works
I had to see it for myself
It kills them in under two mintues

good stuff

I've used Joe's Juice with great success. No argument whatsoever there.

Sunday I was at Fishy Business and asked Stevhan if he had any of the wonder cure, since we'd run out. He said to use Kalkwasser (trade name for calcium hydroxide). I mixed a small amount into a cup of tank water and injected it into the majano the same way I had done the juice. Same great result and a heckuva lot cheaper.

I also positively testify to Joes Juice. I had a bad infestation of Aptasia, my first experience with anything like that. I thought at first … ohhh, look volunteers. Then BANG, nothing but. One vial of Joe’s later and they are all gone.

Please be aware though that as great as it works it is only a bandaid.

Unless you have some tankmates that work over aptasia it will still rear its ugly head in my experience.

Does anyone have any Majanos for sale I buy them for 5 bucks a piece........

Seedless Reefer;96377 wrote: Please be aware though that as great as it works it is only a bandaid.

Actually, I agree. When ever I have a major change in the tank one or two will pop up. For a time I bred aptasia eating nudibranches. They were fun but when I ran out of aptasia the poor things suffered. I actually bred aptaisia for a while. I had one tank breading aptasia and another breading nudibranches. It was crazy. I finally dumped the aptasia and the nudi's in the display tank and figured they would come to a balance or die trying.

rlmblm21;96413 wrote: 'Scuse me while I whip this out! (David, I was so envious when you used that one earlier - it's one of my favorite lines!)

Is this what you guys are talking about????? And I thought my neighbor had something nice when she gave me this....... I guess I should take it out.... QUICK!!!!
kill it kill it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rlmblm21;96413 wrote: Is this what you guys are talking about?????

I don't know majanos by sight as I have never dealt with them. But it does not look like aptasia to my eyes. Tell tale sign ... if it grows to fast to seem natural or reproduces over night ... KILL IT. But what ever you do ... do NOT try to cut it or chop it up. If it is aptasia each piece will grow a new one. I'm not kidding.

rlmblm21;96413 wrote: 'Scuse me while I whip this out! (David, I was so envious when you used that one earlier - it's one of my favorite lines!)

Is this what you guys are talking about????? And I thought my neighbor had something nice when she gave me this....... I guess I should take it out.... QUICK!!!!

that is MAJANO ANEMONES

What is the best place to get Joe's Juice? I am using aptasia control right now and it seems to be an never ending battle. After looking at their web site, I would also like to get the angle pieces as well.

Petland Dunwoody has it, Cap Bay has it, FS&M(not sure if there doors are still open), Avarium, just about most local fish stores carry it. Works like a charm....big box stores don't have it.

I had major aptasia.

I threw in 3 or 4 peppermint shrimps and voilà no more aptasia.

For you cretins voilà is a French word. It is not wahla, waalaa or any other variation thereof.

Thank you for your time.

I use lemon juice injected with an insulin syringe. It kills them immediately.
I HAVE NOT DONE THIS IN A DISPLAY TANK.

I would think it would be alright if the total volume of the tank were large enough. Now, large enough would be relative to the amount of lemon juice added. Also, I don't think I would do it if there were corals nearby.

As someone suggested above the kalkwasser in a syringe works great, is completely reef safe and very cheap.

Back