Open brain withering away

mikesmith34

Market
Reaction score
I've had this brain coral for over a year 1/2. It did great under MH but since I've had my reefbreeders it seems to slowly be withering away. It drawn up and never inflates like it did before. All my other corals are doing great. He is still kicking but I'm stumped as to what to do.

Could try selling him but nobody ever makes it down here where I live. Had an appointment with someone confirmed Monday at 5:30. Got off work early, no call no response, very frustrating.

Think I should just take him back to LFS for credit??

Shade it some. The leds are intense for them. Is he inflating at night? Is he still putting out his feeders at night? If so try and feed it so it has "energy" to recover

No he hasn't inflated like he used to in a while. I do feed reef chili and mysis, cyclopeeze and brine. I'll take a look at him in the dark this weekend. He does have his feeders out at night when I feed. Being on the sand bed I would have thought the 500w of MH would be more intense. I'll look at trying to shade him some under some Monti shelves. Thanks buddy

Mikesmith34;1000738 wrote: No he hasn't inflated like he used to in a while. I do feed reef chili and mysis, cyclopeeze and brine. I'll take a look at him in the dark this weekend. He does have his feeders out at night when I feed. Being on the sand bed I would have thought the 500w of MH would be more intense. I'll look at trying to shade him some under some Monti shelves. Thanks buddy

The mh is more spread but the leds have more pin point lighting. Try shading him I'm sure he will open up in no time

Im going to give that a shot and then rehome him (sale). I'm leaning more into z's and sticks now and just don't have the room

NorthGaHillbilly;1000741 wrote: I really wish we had a "like" button here on ARC. Brandon is spot on in my expierence

I second that! A few days under an archway and mine opened right up.

Back