Opinion on lighting

It really matters what you're trying to keepm what the dimensions of your tank are, and what sort of expectations you have. I have some softies, macros, and RFAs under a piece of junk $40, 20w led fixture on a 24"x12"x12" tank. I'm not exactly exploding with growth, but things are going along just fine.

I have a 75 gal and a 36 gal bowfront, and at the moment I have a lot of softies, and a couple bta's. I'm wanting to get torches, Hammers, and more sophisticated coral eventually... and I want to have the colors "pop".
Right now I have current loop lights on both tanks, but not getting any growth out of anything. Not even the zoas.

Its not about the wattage, its about the Par and spectrum. I also can't help you on that particular light, as I do not use it. Corals depend on Par readings, depending on what you are looking to keep. Are you looking to keep Softies/LPS or SPS? I have 4, and soon, 5 Radion XR15 G5 Blues in a Hybrid on my tank When you go with off brand lights, the info is less specific, and, truly a guess unfortunately. Have yo looked at the AI lighting? They have the backing of Ecotech and a ton of info on the light. Did I mention they are far cheaper than most. ;)

Back