Opinion Poll

leelee

Market
Reaction score
Hello, Quick question.... In your opinion, how much water movement in a tank? Thanking you in advance for your input:shades:

Varying, broad topic, but personally, Softies and LPS min. 10x an hour, SPS min 20x per hour.

Adding up all pumps & powerheads, I'm moving almost 2000gph total in a 55g with SPS, LPS and softies.

I don't think volume has as much to do with it as direction, but I would say 10x/hr should be penty

Thanks fo the input. 125g rocking and rolling with water movement. Am afraid that I am not fiving LPS and SpS's a moment to rest:)

I can't say what is the right amount of flow, but I can give you some guidelines that aren't the right amount of flow. I put two MJ1200 mod kits (2100gph each) in a 12G nano tank with mushrooms. Thats too much flow :)

I think somewhere between 20-40X tank volume and then it depends on how its pointed/flowing to prevent dead spots. And in the end, thats what the flow is for is to prevent dead spots, not achieve any particular number. SO, I guess the answer would be "Whatever it takes to prevent dead spots in the flow with your rockwork setup".

I put a mj mod 1200 in a ten an **** you never seen anything like fish stuck to the glass. Of the tank !!!!! The flying cow in twister had nothing on the fish

reefscape;337721 wrote: I put a mj mod 1200 in a ten an **** you never seen anything like fish stuck to the glass. Of the tank !!!!! The flying cow in twister had nothing on the fish

I put two in a 12G tank and was challenged to put a Mag18 on that tank for a CLS pump with them. Just to see if I was nuts enough to do it. Those little mods put out an insane amount of flow for what they are.

Back