Opinions on Magnificent Foxface

zapped82

Market
Reaction score
Well, I saw the magnificent foxface in the display at poseidon's and almost instantly wanted one. It's been several months since I first saw it and now that I have a 135 I am contemplating getting one. I think they are gorgeous fish and my understanding is that they are fairly hardy. When I went to pick up some frags from Jeff(greenhut) the other day I noticed he had one, he said it is his family's favorite fish. Has anyone else had any experience with this fish? I don't want to spend ~$100+ for a fish without getting as much information as I can.

Thanks,
Zac

i love rabbit fish but i dont want to take the risk of it picking at my corals but i say go for it man they are very hardy once acclimated ....just make sure you take your time acclimating him and if you need any help let me know your not to far from me and would love to give you a hand
victor

They're great fish. Like all rabbitfish they are a little risky with zoas and soe sofies but otherwise outstanding fish. I love mine I've had him for almost 2 years

foxface.jpg
alt="" />

I knew I couldn't keep zos from the beginning becauses of this guy

regal.jpg
alt="" />

so it was a no brainer for me.

kwl1763;122273 wrote: I knew I couldn't keep zos from the beginning becauses of this guy

regal.jpg
alt="" />

so it was a no brainer for me.

looks like you have a nice tank klw, I'd love to see it sometime if you'd be willing to show it off. Looks like I drive right past you twice a day.

I had one for years, that finally died during a treatment for fin rot. I loved it! I did not realize all it was doing for me until it was gone, and I found out how much macro and other algae there was in the rock in my tank. Did not do much for hair algae, but... It never touched any of my corals, period.

They get pretty good sized, and be VERY careful of the spikes. They are not aggressive, but won't be bullied either, and are really interesting to watch... They change colors a LOT and fast.

They eat quite a bit, but love Nori and that is pretty cheap.

I miss mine!

-Mike

All of the above fish are gorgeous enough to be worth it. That moorish idol and angel are even prettier than the foxface though :p.

Definitely pleasing to the eye. Thankfully I have (2) reef tanks so if I do end up with one (I'm sure I will now that I've talked about it this much... yes I have a lack of self control :roll: ) I can move anything that it might nibble on. I guess the best way to try and control the nibbling is to make sure they don't get hungry.

If I could get an eating well moorish idol I'd have one in a heartbeat! Very nice Big D.

Zapped just pm me. My travel has substantially reduced so i'm home most weekends now.. Evenings would be ok as long as preplanned as many times I don't get home unti late but you're free to come take a look.

Back