ORA Corals!!

chefbeier

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know that one of the many stores that I visit has just started getting ORA corals! The store is Pets Unlimited off of Powers Ferry near that publix and kroger, the shopping center with the micros center. The owner Matt has been building a coral tank display to get all this going and let me tell you it looks great. They are great people and a fun store to visit really nice. Everyone should go check it out and see what he has to offer.
Thanks for listening Merry Christmas to All Reefers!!!!!:yay:

You may have made a no-no advertising for a non sponsor, but for what its worth, I like Pets Unlimited despite being a very small place. His prices are good and he is very helpful. Maybe we should ask him to consider sponsorship?

I am super happy he is getting ORA in. Does he already have a shipment or is it on its way?

This is my favorite store.
Most my stuff came from there always healthy and nice
Also the cheapest prices I've seen

Yes he already has a shipment of about 7 different corals. you should definately check him out!

I went there today, and he has great prices on his ORA too. He has the ORA borealis, red planet, yellow bottlebrush, joe, spogodes(?), Plum Crazy, and others....About 6 frags of the Red Planet (one big one and several minis)

He also sells holistic and organic dog food, which is the reason i was there today.

tim at keen reef always has ORA corals good prices & big frags, check him if you have not been there yet.

I've heard good things about keen as well.

The owner at pets unlimited is thinking of becoming a sponsor if more people from the club went in and supported his store I think that may sway his vote. Its a great chance to add another great sponsor

We have been shopping there for about 3 years now. Always good stuff. And for good food they have a J Christophers next door!

Stopped back in today to chat and bought a pair of ORA Maroon Clowns. They are sort of a Christmas Present for my Wife. She went to TEXAS A&M!!
WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!

jwils27;257036 wrote: I've heard good things about keen as well.

The owner at pets unlimited is thinking of becoming a sponsor if more people from the club went in and supported his store I think that may sway his vote. Its a great chance to add another great sponsor

I would suggest they contact the club about being a sponsor. This thread has walked the line, but advertising by a non sponsor is not permitted. This is the market for the store, so it would be ideal for them to become a sponsor, particularly if they are as comitted to the hobby as it sounds they are.

The store itself is not advertising here just a hobbyist saying they liked the store! Nothing wrong with that and good to see some other Aggies on board! Class of '96 here.

I agree....great store and people! Maybe all of us that shop there should start hounding them about becoming a sponsor. They may not be aware of the amount of customers they have that are members on here.

- Brad

kwl1763;257404 wrote: The store itself is not advertising here just a hobbyist saying they liked the store! Nothing wrong with that and good to see some other Aggies on board! Class of '96 here.

Agreed. That is why it's still here. But its a fine line, which is subject to some interpretation.

I used to go there all the time. I asked why they are not a sponsor and the owner told me something like, "our prices are already low, we could not afford to discount them anymore." Also something was said about some of their customers are not ARC and it would not be fair. Those werent the exact words but from what i can remember it was pretty close. It is a great little store. Prices are great.

chrisjet;257445 wrote: I used to go there all the time. I asked why they are not a sponsor and the owner told me something like, "our prices are already low, we could not afford to discount them anymore." Also something was said about some of their customers are not ARC and it would not be fair. Those werent the exact words but from what i can remember it was pretty close. It is a great little store. Prices are great.

I will ask him again to consider, but honestly I agree that his prices are already low, and at 10% he would be very hard to beat, which probably means his markup would be low. That was teh problem I considered is that he may not be able to offer the 10% on all items, without marking up his base price.

But maybe he can consider a deal like Aquabuys, where he offers the discount only on select items like tanks, stands, and lighting.

I agree. Great store, they helped me a lot when I was first starting out and were always honest about livestock needs as far as size of tank ( I respect that a lot from a LFS). I know they moved into a new store not too long ago and have been trying to get their main coral set up going. I believe he said he was gonna look into advertising once everything was up and running the way he wanted it.

Derek_S;257584 wrote: I will ask him again to consider, but honestly I agree that his prices are already low, and at 10% he would be very hard to beat, which probably means his markup would be low. That was teh problem I considered is that he may not be able to offer the 10% on all items, without marking up his base price.

But maybe he can consider a deal like Aquabuys, where he offers the discount only on select items like tanks, stands, and lighting.

Theer are some strict rules about sponsorship, and what is offered at discount. Regardless, sponsorship obviously has its benefits.

ares;257599 wrote: there is a monthly charge for sponsors right?

I mean... if a sponsor wants to come on here, support the club, and hopefully participate in the forum and tell us about their shipments and what they offer. I dont see why they should have to offer a discount. obviously discounts are nice, and if their prices are high, well, unfortunatly the market has a way of sorting those situations out, but if they really are so cheap that they cant discount 10%, dont see why that should be held against them...

For local sponsors, there is no sponsorship fee. Their fee is to provide a discount to club members, and their benefit is the ability to advertise for fere on a dedicated forum with 500+ members. Out of state sponsors must also pay a fee.

I do not operate this business, nor would I want to run my own LFS, but I have worked in enough to know the markup that is associated. A 10% discount will not hurt much. Especially considering the pull from a dedicated customer base such as this. I will never understand why more LFS dont become sponsors.

Back