Ordered my first coral online... thinking it was a disaster... tell me I’m wrong

56cbr600rr

Supporting
Reaction score
Ordered this Trachy that loooed beautiful in photos. Pinks, blues, green. Gorgeous.

This is what I got.

He told me to let it sit for a few days to color up. I’m hoping I’m wrong, but was it bleached out before he sent it? Could it have happened from shipping? It was overnighted btw.

Also, the Acan beside it was the same shipment. And perfectly fine.

Attachments

• 45D1155B-6082-4171-A4FA-75459ADA7C11.jpeg
    45D1155B-6082-4171-A4FA-75459ADA7C11.jpeg
    522.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 710DB273-EEE1-435D-A3FD-DDCAEC99C603.jpeg
    710DB273-EEE1-435D-A3FD-DDCAEC99C603.jpeg
    600.5 KB · Views: 81
Shipping corals is often traumatic for them, imo. Especially during the temperature swings of summer & winter. Give it time, good conditions & some love. I hope it does well.

Shipping corals is often traumatic for them, imo. Especially during the temperature swings of summer & winter. Give it time, good conditions & some love. I hope it does well.

Think it was sent bleacheD out or did it happen only from The shipping?

If it doesn’t correct itself in let’s say a week is it my loss or should the seller compensate? New to this.

It depends on the seller. They each have their own terms & some are just for DOA. You should look this up, sooner than later. Just so you know where you stand.

curious to see the sales photo - did you happen to save a copy?
I did, scratcheD out their name.
2EC6FA40-2BF0-480D-9A82-F4AF332F6BE0.jpeg

I talked to the guy before I ordered to let him know it was my first coral order. He said mostly it’s a case by case basis.

Also what kind of lighting, did they use a filter, or did they make any adjustments to the picture when they took it. From just my observation online photos look over the top good.

always... ask for daylight pics. especially from another individual seller. a lot of lighting gimmicks people use these days that over saturate the colors of corals.

Called before I ordered, I asked specifically about this coral and he said it was in great shape, healthy, and colorful. The fact that the Acan came in so perfect makes me wonder how bleached out it was before he sent it out.. Again, I'm new to ordering coral online, maybe it just "stressed" differently that the Acan.

And I gave him the benefit of the doubt as my Trachy looks almost this colorful with just the aquarium lighting. I do know he uses AI lighting like I do.

dang, on my phone it looked like I totally covered up the name of the coral shop. Now on my computer I see I did not.

So far I’d say about the same. The coral will puff up but it has not added any color and it had no feed response and has not eaten.

Curious of how the trachy is doing still looking rough or is he recovering

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Back