Orp 173????

james s_

Market
Reaction score
That can't be right? Can it? I hooked up my AC3 and that is what my probe is reading. I though it needed to be around 300-450 on a typical tank??? Maybe my probe needs to be calibrated,anyone know how to do that? My ph probe says it is 8.83 also, which it is right at 8.2 according to several tests. Hmmm???

Page 13 and 14 of the pdf

a>

that's probably right if you haven't been running ozone. It should steadily raise if you start running O3.

Well I plugged in my Red Sea Aquazone, and the ORP probe on it is saying 285mv while the AC3 probe now says 136. I guess I will contact Curt and see what he says.

ares;267264 wrote: watch it for a few days IMO. see what happens. wont take long to see it climbing fast, if its going to anyway

Yeh the Aquazone probe is now at 330 and the AC3 probe is at 130 still. Kinda strange. I may need to calibrate both probes, I only had them stored since like Dec 07 whenever the group buy was.

ares;267264 wrote: watch it for a few days IMO. see what happens. wont take long to see it climbing fast, if its going to anyway

Yeh the Aquazone probe is now at 330 and the AC3 probe is at 130 still. Kinda strange. I may need to calibrate both probes, I only had them stored since like Dec 07 whenever the group buy was. I am more worried about the PH being off then the ORP anyways.

ares;267270 wrote: I thought orp probes were extremely sensitive to being old or stored... same for PH I thought...

Probably, I didn't realize when I bought them it would be another year for my tank to be running. They were stored with liquid on the tip so I would imagine they would be OK??

James here is a link to a calibration kit. I have one coming in later this week, you are welcome to use.

product.php

Can you bring it when you pick up the Spaflex???? Think you can come by next weekend??? I know your busy with the store but I want want want!!! :)

Back