Our First Frag attempt

Gabridge83

Treasurer
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
We had a piece of our (we believe) Fire and Ice Zoa break off so we decided to attach it to a spare piece frag rock we had.

Attachments

• 1932A78B-7B87-4C1E-98D5-35FAD767D2E8.jpeg
    1932A78B-7B87-4C1E-98D5-35FAD767D2E8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Fragging is an addiction. I spent 10 years thinking people who loved frags were nuts. The point of frags was to grow colonies, right?!? At some point I wanted to make a few extra dollars and decided to make a few frags to help offset the cost of upgrades. At that point, I was hooked. I love watching a little nub encrust a plug and start growing up. Or a little dime sized piece of montipora with new growth rims that turns into a tea saucer-sized plate. I frag everything just to watch it grow, I love it, but be careful. Soon enough you'll have a frag tank, it'll get full, you'll start placing "just one or two" frags in you display and then it's all over.

Fragging is an addiction. I spent 10 years thinking people who loved frags were nuts. The point of frags was to grow colonies, right?!? At some point I wanted to make a few extra dollars and decided to make a few frags to help offset the cost of upgrades. At that point, I was hooked. I love watching a little nub encrust a plug and start growing up. Or a little dime sized piece of montipora with new growth rims that turns into a tea saucer-sized plate. I frag everything just to watch it grow, I love it, but be careful. Soon enough you'll have a frag tank, it'll get full, you'll start placing "just one or two" frags in you display and then it's all over.
Ohh the frag tank is already in the works. My husband wants to try fragging our green leather cabbage coral. I can totally understand the addiction.

Ah yes, the green cabbage frag. Usually you can super glue those but if it slimes up too much you'll need to bust out the sewing kit! I have a long tentacles leather that I regularly chop on and the only way to get it attached to anything is to sew it on to a piece of rock rubble.* It takes a few days for it to grab on but it works like a charm.

*inevitably I'll see the sewing thread after it's been attached for a few months (I've totally forgotten about it) and freak out trying to figure out what this random red thing is growing out of my frag! It doesn't take long for me to figure out what it is but it does make for an exciting few second.

Ah yes, the green cabbage frag. Usually you can super glue those but if it slimes up too much you'll need to bust out the sewing kit! I have a long tentacles leather that I regularly chop on and the only way to get it attached to anything is to sew it on to a piece of rock rubble.* It takes a few days for it to grab on but it works like a charm.

*inevitably I'll see the sewing thread after it's been attached for a few months (I've totally forgotten about it) and freak out trying to figure out what this random red thing is growing out of my frag! It doesn't take long for me to figure out what it is but it does make for an exciting few second.
Haha... I’ve never sewn coral before but love this idea. Maybe it would be good practice to always see with the same thread color... in order to help with recall/memory.

Back