Overflow problem

kirru

Market
Reaction score
Well, I know I did a bad job when sealing my tank when I put the over flow in and I have this lingering problem in the back of my head.

There is a small enough hole that when the tank's return pump from the sump is shut off it leaks a little to the overflow putting more water in there resulting it to filter down to the sump increasing the amount of water in the sump almost resulting an overflow and a reduced amount of water in the display tank.

Now my question is, i know it is on the bottom on of the overflow box but how do I seal it with water in the overflow. I could drain the overflow but it will start to fill up again from tank water.

suggestions on how to deal with this problem?

O and as an added bonus what is a good ATO set-up with space being a BIG issue?

I know which side it is on but I am not sure where the actual hole is. Could I use aqua mend to cover the whole area? Its about 5" on the side where the whole is, if I remember correctly.

Yea, I agreed with au01st. It is in the overflow, where I will be mending, so i doubt I'll care what it looks like. Its on the bottom of the tank anyway not on the sides. off to get some mending supplies

Tunze has a GREAT ATO kit - got mine from Einsteins and don't regret a darn penny!

Eh, its not that big. I have a feeling i know exactly where small break is but I would feel better know it was completely sealed off. I'll figure out something.

Back