Overflow stuck open everything dies

russ

Market
Reaction score
OH MAN!!! I am so upset. I got an order from saltwaterfish.com on Friday. Last night my overflow stuck open and dumped about 90 gal of fresh water into my 30gal QT tank. All my fish are dead. I feel AWEFUL. On top of that is was $200.00...

I know they have a 14 day guarantee, but I don't think it will cover that. I have been in this hobby for years and cannot believe I made such a stupid mistake like not having a failsafe programed into my APEX.

What should I do now? I assume all my bacteria on my filter media is dead.

IM SUCH A DUMB @$$

Man that really stinks, sorry to hear that.

It happens to the best of em...

Don't let it discourage you.
I would try and correct the water in the QT, get the filter back in line, make corrections to ensure that it won't happen again, and don't let it get to you. Lesson learned sort of thing, if you know what I mean.

Jeremy at SEA Atlanta has sold me seeded matrix in the past, by buying a bottle and he swaps it out with the stuff in their fluidized reactor. A great way to have an instant filter, get back online quickly.

ghbrewer;1026902 wrote: Jeremy at SEA Atlanta has sold me seeded matrix in the past, by buying a bottle and he swaps it out with the stuff in their fluidized reactor. A great way to have an instant filter, get back online quickly.

That is a great idea, I put the media in my display, since I never have used meds so I may not need it, but I need to go there to get a pump so I may do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad to hear, we are always the hardest on ourselves in cases like this!
I'd let Saltwaterfish know what happened and maybe they will appreciate the honestly enough to give you a substantial discount on a replacement order. Worth a shot anyway!

Ive had that happen also, though not as bad.

Get a solenoid and put it on a timer. My ATO is only on for 5 min every hour.

Back