overheated tanks

gaguy68

Market
Reaction score
last week our A/C went out here at home, and we wound up having to replace the entire unit, needless to say and expense we hadn't planned on.

In the time the A/C was down, we bought a window unit to try and help cool off 2 rooms with the tanks, problem was, rooms are too big for one unit, the larger tank seems to have survived, but my 30gallon wasn't able to get as cool, even after putting ziplocks full of ice in it over the course of 4 days, the temp soared to over 100 degrees, essentially cooking most everything in it.

i may be looking at getting rid of this tank as i can't afford to replace anything in it at this time, and really have no room for storage.

if anyone has frags/fish or whatever they want to part with for free or very little $ it would be greatly appreciated, if not i will put up for sale in the next few weeks.

thanks for reading and happy 4th!!! to everyone

Gary

WOW,
100degrees in water temp is a LOT - not even my curing LR in the garage hits more than 92 without any AC...

Very sorry for your loss - let me see what I have on the frag rack at home, what kinda lighting do you have?

Robb

if you are willing to drive down here and have proper equipment for sps i have some frags for ya

LilRobb;364777 wrote: WOW,
100degrees in water temp is a LOT - not even my curing LR in the garage hits more than 92 without any AC...

Very sorry for your loss - let me see what I have on the frag rack at home, what kinda lighting do you have?

Robb

Currently running brandnew set of HO t5's total wattage of 158.
appreciate any and everything!

jeep9783;364782 wrote: if you are willing to drive down here and have proper equipment for sps i have some frags for ya

i have no problem driving anywhere, anything and everything will be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Back