Overrun by Mushrooms and Yumas-Help!

kwajtrader

Market
Reaction score
You would think that this is a good problem to have, but my DT is being overrun with mushrooms and yumas.  I'm about to lose a rhicordia and a green slimer  and I'm looking for advice on how to remove or move them off of my live rock.  Any help would be appreciated.

No easy solution here, you remove the rock completely and replace it with clean one.

Or rescape so that rock with mushrooms doesnt touch anything else.

Anyways those look great IMO!

You can use a hammer and chisel or s big screwdriver to remove them pretty easily ,  but could destroy the rock in the process

be carful with the shrooms if you're taking them out of the tank, I've never experienced it but I hear they can do some nasty trickery to the surrounding air!

There used to be a thread on here discussing reef napalm, but I can't find it. It's basically lye mixed with tank water, and I am sure it would make quick work of any mushrooms it came in contact with. I have use it for zoas in the past with amazing results.

Sell the rock to me at a reasonable price and buy a new piece to replace it. lol

I would break apart the rock and sell some smaller rocks to people, mushrooms like this can sell easy. When your done just place a new piece of rock inside and start growing whatever you fancy.

Back