Paint for underwater use

smallblock

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys on my overflow you can see both the return and supply plumbing. The pipe is white pvc and looks terrible in my opinion. Is there any paint that I could use to paint the pvc black so it doesnt look like crap?

Krylon Fusion Paint... seems to work well from what I have read.. Or you can just buy some black pvc...

I've used several different types of spray paint, all have held up very well underwater!

Wanted to add a question to cover my bases. I'm wanting to paint my overflow "U" tube black. It will be IN the water, that's o.k.? I get kinda nervous putting anything in my tank and want to make sure that I'm reading this thread right. Krylon "Fusion", o.k. to paint, let cure and then put in tank where is will come into direct contact with tank water?

It's fine. Safe. Non Toxic.

I have it on both sides of my overflow. I've used Krylon Fusion AND the cheap knock off version PlastiKote</em> (I think thats how it's spelled, could be wrong).

It's very durable too. It stands up to scraping, infact the only thing that seems to take it off a bit is a short spined Urchin I picked up...

Man, those Urchins can suck!!!!!!!!!!

Back