Painted the back of my tank

skyking

Market
Reaction score
Looking for advice. I spray painted the back of my 150 build and just in case I got some overspray inside the tank, whats the best way to make sure its perfectly clean before I add my livestock? Carbon?
Thanks Guys,
Jeff

Thanks for the response but that part is taken care of. I'm concerened about any paint thats LEFT OVER after I've scraped, rinsed, and cleaned with vinegar. Should I still be hyper cautious and run the tank through a filter/carbon or anything? Keep in my that this is a brand new build. The tank doesnt even have water yet and is not completely installed.

Did you cover the open top with paper and tape? I am planning to paint the back of my tank as well. However, I think I am going to roll it on instead. I have mine all paper/taped off, but thinking the rolled on might be less mess to deal with. I painted a piece of Lexan for my current LED holder/canopy. I can see a few places where I just didn't get enough coverage. Can't see it from an angle, but I know its there.:yes: So I'm hoping rolling it on will eliminate that type of problem.
Following along these types of threads...good info given out.:up:

I covered it but not good enough. It took about 7 cans just to get the coverage I wanted. Granted this is a 150. My whole garage had a beautiful blue tint! LOL. Luckily I was able to rinse everything off. Even though the finished product looks amazing, I can tell that any type of friction or rubbing will wear the paint off. Shouldnt be a big deal sinse I'm not planning on touching the back of the tank anyway. Rolling may be a good option. It might even give it a cool textured look if you use the right roller.

After I painted mine, which all I did was tape off the sides was give it a quick wipe with a damp cloth. No problems afterwards.

Thought about rolling mine when I did it but was concerned that it may leave roller marks. I think it coverred very well after a couple of coats.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
830242=42311-009.jpg
>
830242=42311-009.jpg
class="gc-images" title="009.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
830242=42312-010.jpg
>
830242=42312-010.jpg
class="gc-images" title="010.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

You can try wiping the tank down with rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. You should be good to go after that.

Back