Painting inside of stand?

echinatl

Market
Reaction score
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Question, do you guys paint/waterproof the inside of your stands? I noticed this stuff, seems like it would do the trick as a water proofer, I might even add a layer to the outside as well (going to cover exterior with a laminate) what do you guys think?</span></span>
merchant.mvc

Probably will work fine but doesn't seem to be much more than a polyurethane finish like is available at HD for 1/3 the price. That is according to the ingredient listed.

Good tips, paint all of it, and use whatever Polyurethane finish home depot has in stock. Got it! :)

DannyBradley;393398 wrote: 2 Words: Rhino liner.

That's an interesting idea, is that sold at Home Depot? I did a quick search and wasn't able to find just a spray can of it for sale, only places that install if for you.

Rhino liner isn't readily available but Hurculiner is sold at NAPA's (but is a roll-on application). It's expensive but I keep some around if you go that route and don't want to buy a whole quart.

jonboyb;393410 wrote: Rhino liner isn't readily available but Hurculiner is sold at NAPA's (but is a roll-on application). It's expensive but I keep some around if you go that route and don't want to buy a whole quart.

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">That looks pretty good too. Rolling it on might be a pain, but with a small roller definitely doable. I like the idea of only having to do this once, and something tuff like this seems a bit overkill but that's kinda what I'm looking for. </span></span>

The only thing is it's "rubbery" and if you needed to slide a sump or stuff like that it'll be harder. Has a bumpy texture too. However, it'll withstand ANYTHING. I used it to coat the engine bay of a couple of race cars and it's held up to heat and chemicals wonderfully.

jonboyb;393416 wrote: However, it'll withstand ANYTHING. I used it to coat the engine bay of a couple of race cars and it's held up to heat and chemicals wonderfully.

Music to my ears! :up:

The kit comes with a weird looking foam roller. It worked very well on my steel stand. Acetone or paint thinner won't even touch it if you get it on your hands.

Back