Palmers blue milli

I always start out about half way down the tank. I have about 5 different kinds of millies. They seem to like med to high light with good flow.

I stuck it in a high light area.Hoping for great color.I have another blue milli,not a palmers and it has never had very good color,kind of a disappointment. And I really want that blue coloration.

dawgdude;369070 wrote: I would NEVER start ANY coral off in high light if this is a new coral to you. You can RTN and bleach a coral VERY quickly with to much light or to drastic of a light change. Ive never had a coral die over night from to little light and you can slowly move it up. I say start in the middle with SPS and move them up over time but ever piece of coral I get starts in lower light than it came from.

Good point Charlie, and a practice I follow unless I know exactly what conditions the coral in question came from.

My Palmers came from Sailfish, and he had his blasting under higher par than I had, so I stuck mine directly where it is to this day and it did fine, but I do what you said the other 99% of the time.
Dave

Back