paly and zoa

tomaquar

Market
Reaction score
This question is more than open to both speculation and data. If you wouldn't mind, please let me know which of the two you are offering me.

Any ideas why in my tank palys thrive and zoas wither??

Its a 50 gal bare bottom tank that stays very clean and my nitrogens are almost always zero. The rest of the parameters are always good per LFS. I use my standard recipe for mixing water that Ive used for years. My lights are LEDs split between 6500K and 450nm. Light is sufficient for SPS and the effect takes place in all levels of the aquarium from 2 1/2 feet from the source to 6 inches.

Im at a loss. Ideas or data both appreciated.

????????????

What's your definition of thrive? Are you getting elevated growth, or are they just super healthy and bright? I've had three different tank set ups, with three different light fixtures, and I'm yet to find a zoa that doenst do well

The palys look really good and grow at an ok rate . They don't however spread like wildfire like they did when I had a DSB. New zoas just kind of sit there and open less and less over a period of weeks/months then one day don't open then turn into little shrinking hubs :(

When did you in stall that led light you have on there?
65k light would be great fo macro but not good enough for corals, you most likly need something with 10/12/14k or even a combo.

Back