Patience Excitement

piznac

Supporting
Reaction score
Well cycling is fun yes?,.. Well up untill tonight I have been bored. Playing with test kits and looking at brown stuff is only fun for so long:unsure: . Now given its only been up for like two weeks.

Tonight I got out the ole flash light out and had a peek. And what did I see? My very first hitchhikers. Gotta say I've been reading about this and dying in expectation for years now. I had to call the wife & kids in,.. and all. I found bunches of tiny white feather duster type worms i'm assuming & a pinkish/orangish worm that I only saw when it ducked back in when the light hit him. He had a tentacles like a anemone.

Wow great stuff,.. I can see how this is addictive,.. and Ive never bought a coral..lol .. still got a ways to go before the cycle is done,.. but got me excited!!

Some of the best parts for me aren't what I buy and place, but what shows up unexpectedly. So glad you enjoyed your first encounter.

Yes, hitch hikers are awesome to watch. I know Ive gotten in quite a few over the years and they never cease to amaze me on how they live through the shipping and cycling phase.

Congrats... ;) I still love to break out a orange LED light and look in after lights out to see what I can see. It is a whole different world.

I am three plus weeks cycling my 90 and got some of that rock from Stevan to complement the other already cycled rock that I found at Marine Fish. This morning I noticed about 8-10 small what apears to be orange zoos on one of the rocks that I got from Stevan:wow2: . Its cool. Just one more week or so and I will begin to add other stuff if the water parameters hold up.

Joe

Awesome... I got a complete setup and got a neon plate coral as a hitch hiker like 9 months later... one of my coolest hitch hikers yet. It started growing from nothing and it's about the size of a quarter now.

The rocks weren't from FishyBusiness though.

I am one week in and the ammonia which was off the charts the first few days is now all gone. Can I start adding live rock at this point and cleanup crew or still too early to add even them ?o

mitchelliii wrote: I am one week in and the ammonia which was off the charts the first few days is now all gone. Can I start adding live rock at this point and cleanup crew or still too early to add even them ?o

Your live rock should be added ASAP. It is going to cause the ammonia to rise again. IMHO it should have been added at the start. I would wait on your clean up crew till the cycle is done (NO3 < 10). Inverts are sensitive to high Nitrate levels and adding them now might cause alot of deaths.

jhutto wrote: I am three plus weeks cycling my 90 and got some of that rock from Stevan to complement the other already cycled rock that I found at Marine Fish. This morning I noticed about 8-10 small what apears to be orange zoos on one of the rocks that I got from Stevan:wow2: . Its cool. Just one more week or so and I will begin to add other stuff if the water parameters hold up.

Joe

what? I need to be digging into that rock for myself then. All of the pieces that I put into my systems and the one for my nano tank look really good but I didnt get anything that good out of them. If they grow out pretty you owe me frags :thumbs:

Back