PayPal

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
Might seem like a dumb question. Is PayPal safe.I always used my debit or credit card to buy items online. Reason I'm bringing it up now,My membership is past due.And I want to get it up to date.Should I just open an account. I don't mind telling you all."I'm spooked".Can someone convince me to get one.

Paypal has your cc info in 1 spot. IMO, it beats having your info floating around with several different vendors.

PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available).

PayPal is very secure. Just don't send money to people you don't know under the friends/family option they will not protect you if you get scammed. Any other method through PP is very safe.

It's not bulletproof but as someone else said, using it keeps your info in one place and limits the chances of it being stolen. I use it regularly and I've never had issues.

Nah. Use. a debit card. I would love to have your number. Hehehehe. Just kidding!

As others have said, about as safe as you can get.

I was one of the unfortunate ones that got hit with the BRS breach. I was covered by my CC company. However, had I used PayPal as the form of payment It wouldn't have happened in the first place. As others said its another layer of protection.

Ditto all above.... and in case of a dispute of any kind, they tend to favor the buyer over the seller.

Ok,Thats all it took to convince me.I will use my CC to set it up.If I have any questions on setting my membership back up.I will be back.LOL

Same here. I've had my account for over 10 years. Never had an issue. However, using my debit card at Target was a whole other issue ;-)

I thought i would have more questions. When i set up my account, i linked to credit card only.It wanted me to link bank account. Should i do that.It said when i send money it will be free.Again.Im spooked.

If you want to sell stuff and accept paypal as payment, you would have to link your account to transfer paypal funds to your bank.

I only use PayPal when buying on the internet. Never had a problem. Even bought my light from a guy through ARC and I paid him through my PayPal account. They do charge fees for that but it was no big deal.

Im waiting on a special acro frag pack to become available here shortly.

Fishlips;1036663 wrote: I thought i would have more questions. When i set up my account, i linked to credit card only.It wanted me to link bank account. Should i do that.It said when i send money it will be free.Again.Im spooked.

I been using PayPal for YEARS with my credit, debit, and bank account linked. If you thought you were skeptical, you ain't got nothing on me when it comes to looking for a fraud.

Back