pellet food advice

cdub

Market
Reaction score
i wanted to know if anyone has advice on what kind of pellet food is the best for saltwater fish? i plan on feeding it to my starfish as they hide in between rocks making it hard to get flake food or mysis down there to them.

I second the above suggestion. All my fish eat it happily

is there a preference in size between the 1 and 3mm sizes?

New Life Zpectrum and Hikari pellets- I feed intensely with these. I have had fish eat these before anything else (including mysis).

Formula 1 soaked in vit.

My tangs will eat it before nori, lettuce, ect.. About the only thing they chase harder is DT's mixed with cyclopeez

The best 3 are New Life Spectrum, Ocean Nutrition Formula 1 (omnivore), and Ocean Nutrition Forumla 2 (herbavore).

I've raised fish on all of these. They grow up fat, healthy, and with great color.

Cory--the size of the pellets depends on your fish. I acually feed both at the same time so everyone gets an easy meal.

I use Ocean Nutrition Formula One small pellets. I usually feed them mixed with flake food (cyclop-eeze) and mysis shrimp. I soak in Garlic Guard and Selcon.

thanks everyone for your input. i currently feed formula 2 flakes, prime reef flakes, nori, and frozen mysis to my fish every other day. then i try to hit my corals on the in between days with some mysis and reef chilli. so my knowledge on pellets was a little limited. i figured my stars would eat whatever i drop down there, but thought the fish might be more picky.

I feed New Life Spectrum. I definitely noticed the colors on my maroon clown intensified since I switched. She loves it, too.

I feed New Life Spectrum, Ocean Nutrition Formula 1, and Ocean Nutrition Forumla 2

All the fish love it.

Back