Peppermint shrimp rescue

jdw

Reaction score
I just had to rescue my peppermint shrimp from overflow, my overflow is tight. That was a pita. I ended up pulling the emergency drain and letting it drop into the sump, then I chased that tiny guy all over the cramped sump. I couldn't get him in the skimmer section, so I chased into the return. That's where I finally got him... Hopefully being chased around by a ginormous hand will keep the overflow fresh in his mind :)

JDW;947818 wrote: I just had to rescue my peppermint shrimp from overflow, my overflow is tight. That was a pita. I ended up pulling the emergency drain and letting it drop into the sump, then I chased that tiny guy all over the cramped sump. I couldn't get him in the skimmer section, so I chased into the return. That's where I finally got him... Hopefully being chased around by a ginormous hand will keep the overflow fresh in his mind :)

LMAO , now this is a real Reefkeeper's nightmare !! chasing the Aptasia ARMY!! :lol2::party:

No doubt, I even recruited the help of my little girl. :) once I caught it, I let her put it back into tank. She was tickled

I had to do that with mine I know a good 20 to thirty times. The only thing that has kept him from going back into the sump was adding 2 more. After I place the 2 more in he stays with them. Now it looks like an infantry headed into battle when they go across the tank. It's hilarious

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I may get a couple more, just to prevent him going back there. Would not like doin that repeatedly

Yea trust me it sucks. Lol after 20 or 30 times I gave up. He just stayed in the sump until I was able to get more. It just happened that by chance when I added more I found the secret. The more you have the less likely it will keep going through your overflow

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JDW;947825 wrote: No doubt, I even recruited the help of my little girl. :) once I caught it, I let her put it back into tank. She was tickled

Nice ! I bet she enjoyed that:fish:

I try to do it when wife isn't around lol, she tends to frown upon messes :)

I bought ten peppermint shrimp and they started disappearing. I was pretty confused until I witnessed the cleaner shrimp in a fierce battle with the biggest peppermint shrimp. He was the only one who could hold his own long enough for me to discover the source of the problem. Now I'm down 10 peppermints and the aiptasia is still goin strong!!

JDavid;948013 wrote: I bought ten peppermint shrimp and they started disappearing. I was pretty confused until I witnessed the cleaner shrimp in a fierce battle with the biggest peppermint shrimp. He was the only one who could hold his own long enough for me to discover the source of the problem. Now I'm down 10 peppermints and the aiptasia is still goin strong!!

Luckily I have one pistol shrimp under sand with his Goby buddies and the peppermints are having a field day with that Aptasia!!:yay:

I have one pistol shrimp, a fire shrimp (a total fatty), two cleaner shrimp, and two peps. I have never seen a problem between the peps and the cleaners.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Back